Posts Tagged ‘digital_CMYK’

facebook fun

March 19, 2013

FBI_1 FBI_2 FBI_3

read here for more infos

Advertisements

Chimeraas ++

March 1, 2013

see part 1 here

8_HD 9_HD 10_HD 11_HD 12_HD

chimeraas

February 26, 2013

As caandides website will be out next week, we are currently working on new caandides profile pics and the whole web identity package. We decided to use the stamp Gabriel made for the Before the art cds as a mascot (I just realised I never mentioned anything about this stamp, I’ll post a photo later on).

tamponscan

T1

T1_couleur

△ The first experiments were to add color, but it looked a bit too plain done on the computer.

tamponcouleurscan

So I colored them y hand △ and then scanned them ▽.

T1p

T2p

T3p

T4p

T5p

T6p

T7p

As the stamp is pretty small, enlarged it doesn’t look so good. I did my digital cmyk abracadabra and voilà, I posted them in (very) HD so I encourage you to click and zoom on the images below.

1_HD

7_HD

7_1_HD6_HD 5_HD 5_1_HD 4_HD 3_HD 3_1_HD 2_HD 2_1_HD

Ideally I would screenprint them but first I’d need to find a place to it in Paris, and obviously some time too.

more hand-made inkjet/laser prints

January 25, 2012

⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚

⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚⌚

For more info about the printing process see here and there

All the prints above are made from screenprints & printed on inkjet or laser printers. The files are pretty big so that you can zoom in and enjoy the halftoning. The lasers prints are more vivid and saturated (I have always put them after the inkjet prints out).

First Drafts -byam shaw exhib- 100 days of printmaking

January 19, 2012

☹ ☠ ☹

I have been experimenting with the hand-made inkjet technique for the Byam Shaw exhib ‘poster’. The name for the show  is most likely to be a 100 days of printmaking, in reference to the 100 years of printmaking at csm exhib. After dozens of sleepless nights I came with the wonderful idea of using the name only, simply with different colours for the letters and set in size 100pt (see screenshots of the impressive artwork ☟)

☟ the different layers

✄ This was the starting point ✎

☟check out the different printed versions from the same file☟

☝ on this one I swapped the colours: the cyan layer is printed in magenta, the magenta in yellow, I skipped the yellow layer and kept the black one black.

 

☹ ☠ ☹

 

Following this idea I played with different frequencies when making the halftones, I used 30lpi on the previous prints but for the next one (☟) I used 15 for the cyan layer, 30 for the magenta, 55 for the yellow and 30 for the black. see for yourself:

☝ It creates patterns (doted patterns to be precise) but I’m not too fond of this because it takes abit  over the inital idea and make the whole image more complicated.

 

☹ ☠ ☹

 

Looking back at the first prints I thought that 30lpi was a bit big for the size of the print and I wanted to refine it a bit so I decided to use 40lpi for the other halftones ☟

☝ initial work

☝ the 4 layers (cmyk) overlapped on photoshop

And of course the print ☟

 

☹ ☠ ☹

 

Another path I went down —or I could go down depending on how I will use the posters— is to have 1 big letter by sheet, therefore I would write the name of the show by aligning A4 sheets like these☟

 

 

☹ ☠ ☹

 

Finally, I tried a more subtle way to introduce different tones and have the process colours overlapping with my good friend the gradient☟

☝ screenshots

☟ prints, the first one s without the black layer, the second with it.

 

☹ ☠ ☹ ☹ ☠ ☹ ☹ ☠ ☹

 

What I get from these so far is that I will probably use A4 as the standard format and my small inkjet printer. I want the final outcome to be true to the process and actually print the posters this way rather than scan one, enlarge it and print it again.